Pukhtun Nama Web News
Four more children were injured in a roadside landmine blast in the South Waziristan district of Pakhtunkhwa on August 28.
Last month, five children were injured in a similar blast in the same district.
Idrees Pashteen a Social activist and member of Pakhtun Tahaffuz Movement tweeted on Friday stated that “A landmine blast in Tehsil of Wana in South Waziristan has left 3 children, including two boys and a girl, permanently disabled.
From day one, the PTM has been demanding that our areas be cleared of landmines, but the state is not ready to accept our demands”.
جنوبی وزیرستان وانہ تحصیل تیارزہ میں لینڈ مائینز کا دھماکہ جسکے نتیجہ میں ۳ بچے جسمیں ۲ بچے اور ایک بچی شامل ہے ،ہمیشہ ہمیشہ کیلئے معذور ہوگئے۔
پی ٹی ایم کا روزِ اول سے یہی مطالعبہ رہا کہ ہمارے علاقوں کو بارودی سرنگوں سے صاف کیا جائے لیکن ریاست ہمارے مطالعبات ماننے کو تیار نہیں
— PaShteen IDrees (@Pashteenidrees1) August 28, 2020
Nearly two years ago, former army spokesman General Asif Ghafoor told the media that demining work was underway in the area at the request of the PTM.
Hayat Parigal, a social worker from South Waziristan, mentioned that from 2008 to 2015, there were more than 150 landmines in the Mehsud tribal area in his district. According to him, 11 people including three security personnel have been killed in these incidents while about 200 others have been injured out of which 15 have lost their eyes.
According to Hazrat Wali Shah, a social worker working for the rights of special people in Bajaur district, said that At the official level, the record of these landmine blasts is not collected in a single place,there are 4600 disabled people in his district along with the social welfare department. Are registered. “More than 1,600 of them are disabled in various bomb blasts or landmine explosions.”