By Fawad Safi
From time to time we all suffer from sadness, frustration and boredom. Usually these symptoms go away in a week or two and it doesn’t make much difference in our lives. Sometimes this sadness starts for a reason and sometimes it starts for no reason. Usually we deal with this sadness on our own. Sometimes talking to friends cures this sadness and no treatment is needed. But medically, sadness is then called depression.
* The feeling of sadness lasts for many days and never ends
* Depression is so severe that it can affect your daily routine.
How does depression feel? The severity of depression is much deeper and more painful than the general depression we all experience from time to time. It also lasts much longer than normal depression and lasts for months. The following symptoms indicate depression. Not every patient has all the symptoms, but if you have at least four of them, you are more likely to have depression.
۔ Being sad and depressed all the time or most of the time ۔ Don’t be fond of the things and things you are interested in first, don’t enjoy anything ۔ Feeling physically or mentally weak, feeling very tired ۔ Not being able to concentrate on daily tasks or things ۔ Feeling inferior, low self-esteem ۔ Keep blaming yourself for the little things of the past, think of yourself as useless and useless. ۔ Frustration with the future ۔ Suicidal thoughts or attempted suicide ۔ Sleep deprivation ۔ Loss of
Why does depression occur? Some people may or may not have a specific cause for depression. Many people who are depressed and suffer from depression do not understand the cause of their depression. Nevertheless, their depression sometimes becomes so severe that they need help and treatment.
* Matters of life It is common to feel sad for a while after a traumatic event, such as the death of a loved one, a divorce, or the loss of a job. For the next few weeks we keep thinking and talking about it. Then after a while we realize this fact and come back to our daily life. But some people get out of this sadness. Unable to get out and suffer from depression.
• Circumstances and events If we are lonely, have no friends around us, suffer from depression, or suffer from extreme physical fatigue, the risk of developing depression increases.
Physical illnesses Physically ill people have an increased risk of developing depression. These diseases can be life-threatening, such as cancer or heart disease, or they can be very long-lasting and painful, such as joint pain or respiratory diseases. Young people are more likely to develop a viral infection, such as depression, after the flu.
Drinking alcohol Most of the people who drink a lot of alcohol get depressed. Sometimes it is not known whether a person has become depressed due to drinking alcohol or has started drinking more alcohol due to depression. They drink a lot of alcohol and have a higher risk of suicide than the general population.
• Women are more likely to have depression than men
• Heredity Depression is more common in some families. For example, if one of your parents has depression, you are eight times more likely to have depression than most people.
Do physical work. Keep exercising, even if it’s just a half-hour walk every day. Exercise also improves a person’s physical health and sleep. Keep yourself busy with some chores, even if it’s just housework. This keeps the human mind away from painful thoughts.
* Eat good food. It is very important to eat a balanced diet even if your heart does not want to eat. Fresh fruits and vegetables are the most beneficial. In depression, people skip meals, which leads to a lack of vitamins in the body and makes the condition worse.
* Try to eliminate the cause of depression. If you think you know the cause of your depression, writing it down and considering how to deal with it can help reduce depression.
What happens if I don’t get treatment? The good news is that 80% of depression patients recover without treatment, but it can take four to six months or more. You may wonder why they need to be treated again. The reason is that the remaining 20% of patients will be depressed for the next two years without treatment and it is not possible to predict in advance who will recover and who will not recover. If nature can be improved, then why did man continue to suffer so much for many months?Some people become so depressed that they commit suicide. So if your depressive symptoms have intensified and are not diminishing, your depression has begun to affect your work, interests, and relationships with relatives and friends, or you Thoughts are beginning to emerge that there is no point in living and it is better for other people to die, so you should see your doctor or psychiatrist immediately for your treatment.
Fawad Safi is Journalisms and Mass Communication Student from Mardan you can reach him f_fawadali on twitter and have https://www.facebook.com/f.fawadali I’D while connect him on email@example.com